As a tenant of a Haven property, you have the right to enjoy a peaceable home and environment, so we have a few rules everyone is expected to follow.
Please contact HavenHelp in Second Life for any required assistance.
Some rules for all tenants:
- The first rule is always be kind and considerate to your neighbors. If everyone follows this, then we’ll all be happy.
- By renting a Haven property in Second Life, you agree to abide by all rules set forth herein.
- Rent is payable in weekly amounts.
- Currently, all Haven properties are residential. Your rental parcel may not be used for any of the following activities: commercial businesses, non-commercial businesses, yard sales, clubs, public hangouts, breedables farm, etc.
- We’re sorry, but none of our properties support breedables. Any rezzed breedable objects will be returned to you.
- You may invite another resident to be an official co-tenant with rez/build rights.
- Haven reserves the right to return any scripted objects which are causing trouble of any kind.
- A security device may be used, but must be set to allow a minimum of 60 seconds before ejection. Intruders may only be removed after the warning period by ejection, and never by teleporting home, orbiting or other methods. Security devices found to be causing a nuisance will be returned without warning. You must also add the following avatars to the allowed list: HavenHelp, Arkesh Baral
- Rent is expected to be paid on or before your due date. Your rental box will be found in, on, or next to your property. Overdue rent without any prior arrangements made with HavenHelp Resident is grounds for eviction and the return of your rezzed objects.
- If you wish to move from one of our properties to another, we will happily transfer your current rent at no cost.
- We cannot offer refunds of rent paid, so please take a moment to consider the amount of your payment.
- We will never ‘steal’ your rent. Even though we may evict a tenant if necessary, we never take such action lightly, and only after informing you of any issues, and giving you time to make any required corrections. We want you to be happy in your home, and we also want to be happy having you as a tenant.
- These rules may evolve and change over time, but only to protect and benefit our tenants, maintain our ability to effectively manage our properties, or for purposes of clarification. It is the tenant’s responsibility to stay current with these rights and rules.
If you are on a multi-tenant parcel (such as in a parcel hosting multiple skyboxes or sky environments):
- You may only rez objects within your own skybox or environment. No part of any object may extend beyond your box or environment. Intentionally rezzing things outside of your own space is grounds for eviction without a refund.
- Need more prims? We might have them available (2L$/prim/week). Please ask HavenHelp if you are interested in renting more prims.
- Do not hinder other tenants from accessing or enjoying their homes on your shared parcel. This includes inviting large numbers of guests that will max out the region’s capacity.
- You are entitled to your privacy, so please respect the privacy of other tenants and stay out of their skyboxes and environments unless invited.
- If you use a security device it must not be triggered beyond the bounds of your skybox, apartment, sky environment, etc.
- If you need someone added to the parcel ban list, please contact HavenHelp Resident. We cannot add other tenants renting on the same parcel to the ban list, but if another tenant is causing you trouble, please contact HavenHelp so we can sort it out together.
If you are on an individual parcel:
- You may only rez objects within your own parcel boundaries. Any sky builds must be above 700m altitude. No part of any object may extend beyond your parcel property lines. If there is a nearby sky build (something you can see in any direction with a draw distance of 128m), out of consideration for your neighbor, please move up or down with your build site.
- Do not hinder other tenants from accessing or enjoying their homes on your region. This includes inviting large numbers of guests that will max out the region’s capacity.
- If you use a security device it may only exclude others from the inside of your home. The effective area of the security device may never extend over water or into the airspace above the house.